Friday, September 8, 2017

#555 Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen

I have heard of, but never listened to Prefab Sprout. Mostly I think it was because their name is stupid. I guess you shouldn't judge a books by it's cover, because the album was pretty good. It was a pretty offering of 80's new wave/pop. I think there is a couple things that make an album good, apart from good music, lyrics etc. etc. An album is good if 1. it appeals to your person taste 2. It keeps your interest while you are listening to it, meaning you don't fast forward or skip songs 3. It flows in some sort of way, whether it be a concept album or just a well thought ordering of the songs and 4. It sounds like the artist/band believe in the album, and by that I mean sometimes I listen to a song and think there is no way the band could possibly thing this is any good. I'm sure there are other things that people use to judge whether an album as a whole is good or not, but that is kind of what I think of when listening to something for the first time.

"Appetite" - That's a terrible pedo mustache btw


"When Love Breaks Down"


Tomorrow's Album #319 Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters

No comments:

Post a Comment