Saturday, May 13, 2017

#846 Bruce Springsteen - The Rising

Since starting this blog back up there have been a couple albums I haven't liked, a few that were o.k. and a couple that were pretty good. This album is the first one that I have thought was really, really good. Excellent in fact. Now I'm not a Bruce Springsteen fan, I think he has made some pretty good songs but I don't like them enough to have any of them on my Apple Music. This one I just might keep.

"The Rising" was released in 2002, in response to the events of 9/11. It was his first studio album in almost 20 years and all of the songs either directly or indirectly tie to that day. Bruce, who is from New Jersey, says that he recorded the album to talk about and to give hope and faith to people that were shaken by the attack. The album itself is really good, but when you listen to the songs in that context it really shines. Everyone should listen to this album!

"The Rising"


"Into the Fire"



"My City of Ruins"


Tomorrow's Album #703 Orbital - Snivilisation

No comments:

Post a Comment