Thursday, May 11, 2017

#288 Queen - Queen II

A couple of posts ago I wrote about why I think people like the music that they like. I think some of what you like can come from what you hear your parents listen to while you are young. Queen is that band for me. I remember my parents owning a few Queen albums, "The Game" specifically. It would have come out when I was 10 and I listened the crap out of it. I loved it. So when I was older, and as new albums came out, I would give them a listen, and I would go back and listen to older albums that I hadn't heard, and I was never disappointed. Few bands will ever attain the kind of success and the number of hit songs that Queen has had, which is, for the most part due to Freddie Mercury being one of the best singers and frontmen and Brian May being a guitar god. The Band was the Kings, or should I say Queens, of the concept album. I am sure that there are more albums on the list that I'll get a chance to revisit and I welcome the chance.


Seven Seas of Rhye:

Tomorrow's album #352 Steely Dan - Aja

1 comment:

  1. Still love Queen, still have those albums, good music never dies.

    ReplyDelete