Wednesday, May 3, 2017

#505 Suzanne Vega - Self-titled

Once upon a time Suzanne Vega had a hit song called "Luka". I remember it coming out and I absolutely hated it. Then a few years later she had another song called "Tom's Diner" which really like so I didn't really know what to expect from a full album of her music. Well, it was about the same as her two songs, some I liked and others I didn't. I don't know much about Suzanne Vega but listening to her songs it's almost like she is a poet that decided to add music to her poems. They don't follow typical song format and are more like telling a story to music that worrying about them rhyming.






In fact the style reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, So I Married an Axe Murderer:



Anyways for the most part I was kind of indifferent about the album and would give it a 2.5/5 for just being o.k. but also prompting me to watch the above clips again.



Tomorrow's Album #38 John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

No comments:

Post a Comment