Thursday, September 20, 2018

#371 David Bowie - Low

Alright Mr. Bowie, I'm trying to understand your albums but I'm having a hard time. I have listened to a couple of your albums so far for this blog, 4 more to go, and I am always coming to the same conclusion. As a whole, in my opinion, your albums are not very good. They seem to fall apart on the second half of the album, and the really, really good songs are the singles that get released. Don't get my wrong your hits are really really good, but apart from that I haven't really enjoyed the other songs. To make matters worse for this album, is that there is no apparent "hit" on the album. The album opens with an instrumental, and then out of the 11 songs six of them are instumentals, including the last 5 songs on the album. In my mind this is a copout. Overall this album just didn't do it for me.

"Sound and Vision"

Tomorrow's Album #850 Radiohead - OK Computer

No comments:

Post a Comment