Tuesday, May 8, 2018

#779 Soundgarden - Superunknown

Soundgarden, and this album specifically, was my first real exposure to the Seattle Grunge scene. Even though Nirvana's Nevermind and Pearl Jam's Ten both were released in 1991, I didn't really like them all that much. So when this album came out in 1994 I was blown away. I haven't listened to it for a long time and I have forgot how great it is. Every song is amazing. Chris Cornell is a great song writer and after this album I ended up listening to, and liking a number of other grunge bands like Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Screaming trees and Temple of the Dog to name a few.




"Spoonman"

"The Day I Tried to Live"

"Black Hole Sun"

"My Wave"

"Fell On Black Days"

These were just the released singles from the album, but every song is great. Give it a listen.

Tomorrow's Album #162 Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment