Thursday, May 17, 2018

#59 The Who - My Generation

I remember that The Who played the Super Bowl half-time show in 2010, and thinking, at the time, that it was a very odd choice for a half-time performer. Usually the NFL had performers that are current or relevant, or maybe have a new album coming out that has them in the public eye. I know The Who were a huge band once upon a time but they haven't been relevant for a long time. Their last album was in 2006 and the last time they had a hit single was in 1981. Maybe the NFL figured that a lot of baby-boomers were going to be watching that particular Super Bowl.

As for this album I thought it was kind of blah. Granted it is the bands debut album and sometimes they are really good and sometimes it is really just the starting point for a band. While the album does have a very recognizable classic rock song, the rest of the album was kind of throw away to me.

"My Generation"


 Tomorrow's Album #329 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Natty Dread

No comments:

Post a Comment