Saturday, May 5, 2018

#923 Radiohead - Kid A

So, Kid A. Not one of my favorite Radiohead albums. Recorded as a follow up to "OK Computer" musically it radically changes direction for the band. After heavy promotion and touring for OK Computer the band was  burnt out and lead singer Thom Yorke had a mental breakdown. When the band finally reconvened for recording, the band felt like they were locked in a sound and that too many other bands out there trying to imitate them, thus the change in sound. During recording the band recorded 20 songs which would become this album and the following years "Amnesia".

I think that the reason it isn't one of my favorites is because I love OK Computer and this was so different. It threw me off. Since then I have grow to like it, but not love it. It's not that it's not good. It is regarded as one of the bands finest.I just just didn't like it on my first few listens and haven't given it the attention it deserves. Having said that it does have one of my favorite Radiohead songs "The National Anthem"

"The National Anthem"

Tomorrow's Album #538 Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - Rattlesnakes

No comments:

Post a Comment