Friday, February 9, 2018

#896 Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

Sigur Ros is a rock band from Iceland, so I expected that the album was going to be in Icelandic, which, apparently most of the album was. I was surprised to learn however that some of the songs, and all of the songs on future albums are in a gibberish language that the band created called Vonlenska, or Hopelandic in English. The language consists of syllables strung together to go with the music. No meaning to anything, kind of like scat singing in jazz. To me, not knowing Icelandic, I didn't know any better and it didn't sound out of place. However, in my opinion, the music on the album was the best part. It is pretty cool that the lead singer plays his guitar with a bow.















"Agaetis Byrjun"


Tomorrow's Album #256 Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment