Saturday, February 10, 2018

#256 Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken

Formed in 1966, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was fairly new on the scene when it recorded this album in 1971. Because the band didn't look like the typical country band of the time, the idea behind the album was to try and do collaborations with some of the country and blue-grass stars of the 40's. 50's and 60's. Stars that the band members had grown up watching and listening to. The resulting album was recorded in only 2 or 3 takes on most of the songs resulting in a very raw sound. Overall it was pretty good. I don't like country but like I have said before if I have to listen to it I'd rather it be traditional old school country.




"I Saw the Light"


Tomorrow's Album #41 Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment