Thursday, December 28, 2017

#951 Johnny Cash - America IV: The Man Comes Around

Rick Rubin is a HUGE music producer. He has produce some of the biggest albums ever. If you want to check out the shear number, and the bands that he has produce here is a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin_production_discography . In 1994 with out a record contract, and pretty much at the end of Cash’s career, Rick Rubin's record label signed Johnny Cash to a contract to revive his career. What came of it would become known as the "American" recordings. The albums consist of a mixture of Johnny Cash originals and cover of other artists. The albums are American I - IV and V & VI released after Cash's death.

I really enjoyed this album. I had never listened to Johnny Cash before this, mostly because I just thought of him as a country artist, and I don't like country. It was so much more than that though. It had tons of emotion and was really griping. I ended up add all the American albums to my librar and I have enjoyed everything I have heard so far.

"Hurt"


Tomorrow's Album #1064 Adele - 25

No comments:

Post a Comment