Monday, November 19, 2018

#440 Michael Jackson - Off the Wall

As I have mentioned before, Michael Jackson and his album Thriller was the first time I felt like I had a conection to music when I listened to it. And as with most artists/bands that I have come to love over the years, I, most of the time, start to like them with an album that isn't their debut, and then I listen to their earlier albums to see what I had been missing. That was the case with Michael Jackson. The first album I listened to was Thriller and then I went back and listened to this album, and while I liked it, it was hard to compare to Thiller, since that album is just so good. The biggest difference with this album compared to his later is the noticable disco element to it, which is understandable considering it was released in 1979.


BTW I thought for sure there would be some Jackson 5 albums coming up, but nope this is the end of Michael Jackson on the list.


"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"

"Rock With You"

Tomorrow's Album #191 Santana - Abraxas

No comments:

Post a Comment