Thursday, March 29, 2018

#533 Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

I never listened to the full album when it came out, cause it just wasn't my style, but you couldn't help but have heard the hits from the album. They were huge and played on the radio all the time. Listening to the album now, it still really isn't my style but I can definitely appreciate why the songs were so popular. In fact if you listen to "Born in the U.S.A" its actually not that good of a song. The music is kind of simple, Bruce kind of screams the lyrics through the whole thing and the chorus is just Born in the USA over and over, but it is a classic stadium anthem. Play that song for 20,000+ people at a concert and it's going to get them going.



BTW the album spawned 7 hit singles and sold over 30 million copies.

"Dancing in the Dark" - video features a young Courtney Cox


"Cover Me"

"Born in the USA"

"I'm on Fire"

"Glory Days" - my favorite on the album. this is a great song

"I'm Going Down"

"My Hometown"


Tomorrow's Album #426 Willie Colon & Ruben Blades - Siembra

No comments:

Post a Comment