Monday, January 21, 2019

#146 Elvis Prestley - From Elvis in Memphis

Only the second Elvis album so far. I am surprised by that. I assume that means that there will be a few more coming up in a relatively short period, as I think I have listened to about 800 albums so far.
This was Elvis' 10th album in his first 13 years, a pretty good pace for any artist, but also pretty common for artists in the 50's and 60's. I have mentioned in the past that I'm not a fan of his music, and I thought that this album was just o.k. It had more of a country sound to it, which surprised me, and which probably is the reason for the album title. I felt that it was just average, however it does have one of the greatest songs every written on it, Suspicious Minds. An Absolute master piece of a song.



"Suspicious Minds"


Tomorrow's Album #237 Yes - Fragile

No comments:

Post a Comment