Sunday, April 30, 2017

#730 Barry Adamson - Oedipus Schmoedipus

I was surprised by this album. I had no idea who Barry Adamson was before listening to this. Turns out he is an instrumentalist who makes songs that fuse funk, rock, jazz and blues. Most of the songs on the album are instrumentals that are pretty catchy and definitely funky. One of the songs "Miles" I assume is an ode to Miles Davis. Another song "it's business as usual" was very odd and if a song could make you feel how a horror movie does this is it. Overall it was a pretty good album and was worth a listen. 3.5/5 for originality.





This song from the album, "something wicked this way comes", reminded me of a song my mom had the 45 of that I would listen to as a kid called "Spooky" by The Zombies.



I also discovered that Barry also remixes other bands songs, including one of my favorites bands, Depeche Mode.

Useless (escape from wherever parts 1&2):



Tomorrow's album #359 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Self-titled album

No comments:

Post a Comment