Monday, June 4, 2018

#653 Madonna - Like a Prayer

I haven't listened to any of Madonna's music in a long time. There was a time though when you couldn't not hear her music. She was a huge 80's pop star and her music was everywhere. I, however, never really listened to her music by choice, I was more into The Cure and bands like them in the 80's. I can't argue that Madonna doesn’t have some really good pop songs.

Like A Prayer is one of her biggest. The album sold 15 million copies and spawned 6 hit singles. What I didn't know about the album was that Prince was one of the producers and that he played guitar on 3 of the songs, "Like A Prayer", "Keep It Together" and "Act of Contrition". I had also forgot that Prince and Madonna did a duet on one of the songs, "Love Song"

Overall the album was really pretty good even if it still isn't the type of music that I like to listen to.

"Like A Prayer"

"Express Yourself"

"Love Song"

"Cherish"

Tomorrow's Album #22 Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment