Sunday, April 29, 2018

#1062 War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

I haven't listened to The War on Drugs until now, but I have heard of them, and know that they are immensely popular. Their first album was released in 2008 and only four albums in to their career the band won a Grammy for Best Rock Album for their latest release.

I liked this album quite a bit. It has an 80's sound to it, which I really like. Reading up on the inspiration for the songs, the album was written by the lead singer after they finished touring for their 2nd album. After touring, the lead singer says that he had a hard time adjusting back into normal life and sunk into a depression. In an effort to get out of his depression and deal with his emotions he wrote these songs.

I'm definitely going to check out their Grammy winning album "A Deeper Understanding"

"Under The Pressure"

Tomorrow's Album #448 The Clash - London Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment