Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 90: Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory

Sometimes when I am listening to an album I unfortunately allow my preconceived opinion and bias influence the listening experience and the review. I try hard not to but it comes out anyways. This Band is one of those examples. I have only ever heard a few of their songs, the radio hits, and have never been fond of them. Then, at the height of their popularity they pull some ass-hat moves, and also proclaim themselves "The Greatest Band in the World" and it just left an even worse taste in my mouth for them. So it comes time to listen to a full album of theirs, probably their biggest success, and I was put off before it even started. So without allowing my bias against them to interfere I still didn't like it all that much. The songs were kind of sloppy, the lyrics pretty weak and the lead singers voice really didn't do it for me, kind of whiny. Basically it was just an OK album that a lot of bands could have come up with, especially not the kind of album you would expect from the world's greatest band :) 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment